MC 2.7

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Feb 18 19:40:19 CST 2006

Heather Nagey wrote:
> Xavier,
>
> You do not have an Enterprise license, and you are in breach of your
> license agreement to continue using Metacard as an Enterprise edition
> with the latest Revolution engines.
>
> We will be contacting you further offlist on this subject.
>
> Regards,
>
> Heather

First, the v2.7 engine enforces Rev's licensing terms internally.  If
it's possible for Xavier to use his license with the latest engine,
AKAIK that means his license is current.

Also, not too long ago there was a post to the use-rev list which riled
some feathers not because of its content per se, but because it was sent
to the list when it would have been more considerate and productive to
have sent it to RunRev in private.

Is it necessary to discuss Xavier's license here?

As a private email, it's just a simple misunderstanding on one side or both.

But to raise allegations of legal breaches in a public forum seems an
unnecessary embarrassment.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation