Google API and MC/Revolution

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Apr 12 19:34:01 EDT 2002

On Friday, April 12, 2002, at 04:12  PM, Bryan McCormick wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone out there was aware of the scripting interface
> Google is providing to their search engine. There are already numerous
> example code stubs up for other languages. Anyone out there feeling
> brave
> and wanting to share back results with the MC community about how we
> can do
> it as well?

Not really an answer to your question, but related:
I've built a couple of apps that send queries to Google via the user's
Web browser, but you can also grab the results of Google searches and
pull them into your stacks.  The following tells Google to search for
the term "metacard" and put the results into field 1:

put url "http://www.google.com/search?&q=metacard>" into fld 1

Obviously you have to parse the results for yourself, but this is one
way to use Google's search within MC/REV.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director, Tactile Media
scott at tactilemedia.com