Rev licensing

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Feb 21 12:18:52 CST 2006

Alain Farmer wrote:
> Hello Richard,
>
>>> the issue is whether we have to use
>>> Rev's splash instead of our own CUSTOM
>>> splash screen.
>> When did anyone ever say that?
>
> With regard to StackRunner... ??

I see.  When you wrote "splash screen" I thought you meant "splash
screen"; I didn't understand you meant the entire player app.

>> My customers don't seem to care what tool I use,
>> they just like what I deliver with it.
>
> Lucky *you* !  ;-)

This is not so rare.  How often do end-users express a preferences for
what language an app was written in?  Most just want features, and in my
experience they don't seem to care where they come from.

>> If you're merely looking for an audience
>> for your latest reiteration of why you
>> dislike Rev's licensing I suppose you've
>> found a captive audience here.
>
> You're right .. you caught me .. I was *deliberately*
> wasting your time .. because I have nothing better to
> do with mine .. cheese anyone? but you have to *guess*
> which one(s) ;-))

While it's hard to find a post from you regarding Rev in any forum which
doesn't turn it into an opportunity to express your negative opinions
about the product, in this case it seems Kevin chose to finish a thread
that was started here by writing to an entirely different list.  My
apologies for thinking that this latest post from you was like the
dozens before it.

Had Kevin replied to the list which prompted this the matter would have
been resolved more quickly and smoothly for everyone.  Not sure why the
only official clarification on this was in a private NDA'd forum. :\

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal