Plugins menu

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jan 2 16:11:34 EST 2004

J. Landman Gay wrote:

> On 1/2/04 1:07 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> Questions:
>>
>> - Should it create the folder autimatically, throw an error,
>> or ask the user if it should create one?
>
> None of those, I don't think. It should probably just return empty,
> which would act like a silent error. The calling handler can test for
> "empty" and act accordingly.

Then we have a Plugins menu with no guidance on how to use it.  It this one
for the docs?  And if so, who wants to be Documentation Poohbah?

>> - How can we clearly distinguish the latest release build from test
>> versions for review in the Yahoo groups files section?
>
> Good question. I draw a blank here. An appropriate suffix or extension,
> maybe?

I took a stab at it, risking verbosity in the file name:  When I uploaded
the .gz file I named it with the date (in large-to-small order) and my
initials:  mctools.mc040102rg.gz

Ideas for a simpler format?

--
 Richard Gaskin