Plugins menu (was: Re: Speaking of IDE Updates)

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Fri Jan 2 18:55:43 EST 2004

On Dec 28 Richard Gaskin wrote:

> (snip)
> Once we have a Plugins menu in place you can mix and match your favorite
> editing components without bothering with wacky stuff like my UmbrellaMan
> tool. :)  We can play around with those and start a duscussion of
> candidates
> for inclusion in the main distribution, possibly including some
> directly in
> mctools.mc.  I'm anxious to see what Ken and Hugh are cooking up with
> their
> script library, and Scott Rossi has some good ideas about a resize
> tool....
> (snip)

I have uploaded a modified "mctools" stack to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MC_IDE/files/ , the "files" section of the
MC_IDE Yahoo group.

The modified stack contains a "Metacard Menu Bar" with an added
"plugins" button.

The button checks for a "Plugins" folder, immediately updates the text
of the menu button and opens the chosen menu item as modeless (tested so
far on Windows).

I am unsure what should be added to the script of the Plugins menu
button or whether the script may be too "simple". It works here without
problems, but any suggestions and modifications are of course welcome.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke