selecting a directory

ashish_deshmukh ashish_deshmukh at infosys.com
Wed May 7 07:17:01 EDT 2003

Hi ,
Can you please email me the solution , i am also facing the same problem.

thanks
Ashish

Hello,
 Similar to how "ask file" allows a user to select a file, is there a built-in way of allowing users to select a directory? If not, is there a user-friendly alternative? I was looking at the "file selector" substack, but the ".." higher-level symbol is sure to scare people off. The reason for needing the directory rather than a specific file is for a stack that manipulates images. After a user selects whichever directory they've put their jpg/gif files, those file names will be automatically displayed in a clickable list of names.
 Thanks.
 Cheers,
 Nicolas Cueto